Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Making our own waka

After coming up with many questions. We decided to attempt to make our own waka.
We had the challenge to only use a few sticks, a few pieces of sellotape and 30cm of string.

We found it way harder than we thought it would be. It was hard to get it to stick together. We started thinking about how hard it must of been back then, especially with the big waves.

The one that floated the best was the one that spread the sticks out and weighed less.

This lead to more wondering...
I wonder how they make it float
I wonder why some sunk and other did not
I wonder why some of our boats fell apart in the water
I wonder how long it would take till the boats sunk
I wonder what shape of boat would float best
I wonder what material float the best

I wonder why some boats needed less equipment




No comments:

Post a Comment